We are always looking for new people to join our team. For the right candidates, we can always find a place. All Boomzap staff are full-time exclusive contractors who work from home around the world. We do not have an office, nor do we plan on ever having one.
Boomzap has committed itself to using game development as a tool to bring quality employment to the developing world. Our current staff can be found in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Russia, Ukraine, and Japan. We are extremely interested in other candidates from these regions, as well as other locations in Asia and Eastern Europe. We are willing to consider applicants from other regions as well, but is highly unlikely we will be accepting applicants from Western Europe or North America.
Boomzap is looking for candidates in the following positions:
We are looking for native translators in charge of localizing our games.
- For the following languages: Thai, Vietnamese, Visaya, Traditional (Taiwanese) Chinese, Indonesian, and Malay
- Required: Native speakers with good command of English
- Preferred: Gamers and college students
- Paid contract work
Experienced C++ Coders
We are looking for only the best coders with a high level of C++ proficiency.
- Experience is REQUIRED for this position – no exceptions
- Excellent C++ skills and a love for coding gameplay
- Experience with iOS and/or Android a major plus
- Experience with network backend systems a plus
Game Testers/ QA
We are looking for full-time game testers who are interested in a quality assurance career in game development.
- Experience with quality assurance and software testing preferred
- Must be passionate with games and can willing to playtest games for extended periods of time
- Must be familiar with the top games at the App Store and Google Play
- Technical knowledge a plus
We are looking for bright, dedicated people who are willing to undergo training from the beginning and spend the first 6 months predominantly testing games. Solid Design/Production Trainee candidates will have most of the following:
- Experience with scripting languages (PHP, Lua, etc.)
- Professional software testing experience (not necessarily in games)
- Exposure to visual design software (Photoshop, 3DSMax, Maya, Illustrator, etc.)
- A working demo of a game you have created (computer, card, or board game) as a hobby or professionally, using tools such as (but not limited to) RPGMaker, Unity, Flash, etc.
- Levels, mods, or other versions of currently available games you made using ingame level editors, modding packages, etc.
- Samples of creative/technical writing, including stories, poems, plays, scripts, blogs, RPG game worlds, comic books, game modules, etc.
- Experience with D&D or other RPG group, organized a MMO clan or guild, or otherwise overseen and grown a gaming community
- Must genuinely enjoy casual games with a thorough knowledge of the top games at the App Store and Google Play
No professional game design experience is necessary, but if you didn’t answer yes to a lot of those questions above, we’re probably not interested.
Server-Side Games Programmer
We’re looking for a server-side games programmer with experience in writing performance-oriented, scalable PHP.
- Experience in Designing, Profiling, and managing SQL databases
- Candidates with Game Development experience and proficiency in C++ a big plus
- Experience managing a Linux server, and using AWS (EC2/Elastic Beanstalk) a plus
Kickass Photoshop Artists
We’re hiring highly advanced artists at both Junior and Senior levels. Ability to master new styles and work within a larger art team are critical.
- MUST be a complete Photoshop master – no exceptions
- Will jump right into game art (graphics, UI, and characters) with minimal or no training
- 3D Max/Maya modeling and texturing skills a plus
- Other technical skills a plus
- Must play and enjoy casual games
Applicants for this position must include a link to an online portfolio of artwork:
- Should include particularly 2D illustrations.
- Should be online: Email attachments will be deleted without opening.
- Best portfolios follow these rules: 9 Steps to a Better Portfolio
Junior Sound Designer
Applicants must be able to work with a team in generating ideas for sound/music creation.
- Create comprehensive audio asset list
- Design, edit and mix sound assets according to brief and on time
- Work with programmers and designers in sound implementation
- Explore new ideas and methods to improve audio asset quality and their development efficiency
- At least 2 years experience in creating sounds for games/film/tv or any other interactive media.
- Must have been directly involved in sound development/production in at least 2 published work in any form of media
- Strong background in audio engineering: editing, signal processing, digital audio, MIDI protocol, mixing and mastering
- Foley/field recording experience is desirable
- Must have deep understanding of storytelling and thematic consistency through sound design
Animators/ 3D Modelers
Applicants must be smart, creative, hardworking and know technology.
- Solid basic art skills in lighting, composition, and color
- Working knowledge of architectural and figure modelling
- High proficiency in 3DSmax; rigging and bipeds a plus
- Proficiency with post production software like Adobe Aftereffects
- Experience in texturing UV unwrap
- Experience in making isometric style game assets a huge plus
We’re looking for applicants who can generate special effects in games, including custom particle effect and keyframe editors, hand animation, video editing, compositing and maybe even a little 3D animation.
- Knowledge in using 3D software (3DS Max preferable)
- Video programs (Adobe Aftereffects) and other such tools.
- Willing to learn in-house software to create beautiful effects in-game
How to Apply
Send a complete resume to the link below:
We prefer simple, plain text resumes with minimal formatting that includes:
- A full work/educational history
- Nationality, current location, and current contact information
- Any projects you have worked on, and your role in that team
- A brief cover letter letting us know anything you need to add to your resume
Who is Boomzap?
Boomzap is one of the leading developers of casual game entertainment worldwide. Our games have been distributed across the world in a dozen languages, through all major casual game portals and a number of retail outlets in North America and Europe. Our most recent games have been top sellers on world-leading portals like Big Fish Games, Gamehouse, Shockwave, iWin, MSN, and Yahoo.
- Staff in Singapore, Japan, Russia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Ukraine, Georgia and elsewhere
- Virtual online development environment – everyone works from home
- Stable and profitable since 2005
- Proven track record of successful and critically-acclaimed games
- Founders have over 30 years combined game development experience in world class studios in North America, Asia, and Europe with millions of units sold